Translate

Friday, October 24, 2008

MUSINGS - I MET A GENTLEMAN THIS EVENING

I was out and about this evening and I met an older gentleman. He was dressed very well in a jacket and slacks. He carried himself well with dignity and grace. I happen to ask him how he was doing this evening and we talked for a few moments. He had made a trip here from a town about 1 1/2 hours away. He said he came here to shop. I asked if he was traveling alone, I was thinking that it was getting dark and kind of late? He said yes my wife died several years ago. He wanted to say something else but he stop as he became kind of choked up. I stop and I almost wanted to cry. I couldn't even say anything to him. It occurred to me that in much the same way he had made the trip to our town today he had traveled through life and here he was alone. As the day slowly turns to evening and then to night, so does our life. I told him to enjoy his shopping and to have a safe trip home. He thanked me and I walked away but not without being touched in some way by him. So I shed a tear for him and for all the lonely people in the world..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: