Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

VINTAGE FEMININE AND FRILLY

Vintage Feminine and Frilly



Being a girly girl I love all things feminine and frilly and if they are vintage that is just the icing on the cake.  This past week we have been working very hard on our home so that we can put it up for sale.  Although it is very hard work, I have found that there are some real perks to cleaning out your entire house.  As you work to clear the clutter you find all sorts of treasure that you have long since forgotten.  I found one such treasure as I was cleaning out my dressers.  It was this sheer pink thing with lace that appears to tie around your neck.  So I sat about trying to find out exactly what it was, what do you think it is....


Turns out it had a tag and the tag read "Betty Dain Creations" made in the USA.  So I did and Internet search and after a few minutes I came up with hairdressing cape.  Okay that makes great sense and I could so use this when I am doing my hair or makeup.  Think about it, no hairspray,  hair or makeup on your clothes.  

Side One


Side Two


Apparently you can use these either way depending on if you are doing makeup or hair.   Turns out this is the perfect thing for me and I had it all the time.  Now it hangs in my dressing area so that I can use it everyday. 

Did you notice my Audrey?  

She has a new dress. 

 So in keeping with my vintage feminine and frilly theme here is Audrey in her vintage wedding dress. 



Dress will be featured alone in a future post. 

Did you notice the flower ribbon on Audrey's dress?   





Well that is something extra special from my Dear friend Doni.  I have had a hard few weeks lately and one day last week we stopped by the mailbox to check the mail.  My Eric handed me a box and I saw it was from Doni.  I was dirty, tired,  feeling so overwhelmed and every fiber of my being was in pain.  Inside the box I found three packages wrapped with ribbons.  I knew that the dark purple was for Tiffany and the orange was for June Bug because Doni had asked me what was their favorite colors.  One of the gifts was tied with a white ribbon and I knew that it must be mine.  I opened it and found the most beautiful flower ribbon hand crafted by Doni just for me.  I so love it and I rushed home to give the girls their gifts so I could see them.  I love our gifts and they were just what I needed. I will always treasure my gift because Doni made it for me and because it arrived right when I needed it and brought a smile to my face.

Thank you so much my friend...


Loving my vintage, feminine and frilly girly girl goodies,

Beverly 


Tea Cottage Pretties

7 comments:

  1. Everything is just so pretty and just my style!! Love it all!
    Hope you are felling better and having a good day!!

    hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so kindly Debbie. So glad to finally be back blogging a little. I missed everyone. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  2. I am so glad y'all like them! They were so much fun to make!
    And yours looks especially pretty on Audry! Love that dress!
    Hugs,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always Doni, thank you so much for your friendship. I do love the flowers and when I get Tippy and June Bugs from them I will take photos of them. However, you must know that if I can't get them from them then they must love them. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  3. Hi Beverly,
    Audrey looks amazing in her wedding dress. I love your pink lace wrap, I'd love to find that treasure hiding in my house, lol. Everything looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angel. Enjoyed my visit with you today. I think that they still make the wraps and you can order them online. I do love it..... Hope you have a beautiful week and a very Happy Easter. Hugs, Beverly

      Delete
  4. Beverly, How beautiful!! I love all your things and your beautiful blog. Linda at Crafts a la Mode

    ReplyDelete

Thank you ever so kindly for visiting Tea Cottage Pretties.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit and come back soon.
Have a beautiful day

LinkWithin

You might also like: